How to make money on TikTok? If you’re thinking of riding the wave of success on this social network for greater earning prospects, you’re in the right place.
It’s a social platform that is growing exponentially, especially among the teenage audience, characterized by a proposal of video and music content dedicated to pure entertainment and unique monetization mechanisms.
In the following paragraphs, I’ll explain how to make money on TikTok, but if you want to become a true social media professional and turn your passion into a job, enroll in the Social Media Manager Certification.
Subscribe to the TikTok Marketing course and discover how to use it professionally!
How to make money on TikTok
How to earn on TikTok? First, you need to download the free application and sign up for the social media platform, following the easy guided process.
TikTok will allow you to earn real money right from the start with its simple usage. It all happens through virtual currency that, once accumulated, can be transferred to your PayPal account.
This way, virtual currency transforms into real currency. To accumulate virtual currency, you need to achieve various goals set by TikTok.
Each goal allows you to earn a few cents, which, when added up, will result in a nice reward.
The first thing to do to start earning on TikTok is to send the registration link to your friends not yet registered on the social network. This simple action alone will allow you to receive a small reward.
Moreover, if your friends, registered via the link you sent, and watch at least 10 minutes of video each day for 3 consecutive days, you’ll get a significant boost to your earnings.
How much can you earn on TikTok in the initial phase?
- For each invitation link sent to friends not yet registered, you earn $0.50 for each registration, up to a maximum of 10 people.
- For each registered user who watches at least 10 minutes of video for 3 consecutive days, you’ll receive an extra $2.50.
Not bad for not having even posted a video yet! In the following paragraphs, you’ll discover more in detail how to make money on TikTok.
Want to make serious money on TikTok? Grab our free ebook and get insider tips for turning your videos into cash. Download now
How to earn money on TikTok through views?
Earnings through views are directly linked to the number of followers: the higher the number of followers, the greater the views, and consequently, the earnings.
On TikTok, it is possible to monetize through published content based on the number of views obtained.
The Chinese-origin platform has made available a dedicated fund for this purpose: encouraging users to publish quality content through monetary incentives.
The higher the views, the higher the value of the cash prize. To reach $1 in profit, approximately 82,000 views are required, a fairly high number.
It is also possible to earn through views with live streaming, for which you need at least 1000 followers.
Once you reach this number, you can conduct live broadcasts during which your followers can make spontaneous donations that will later turn into real money.
Followers can buy gifts for you using virtual coins, which can be purchased through TikTok only by users over 18.
There are various packages available, ranging from 100 coins to 10,000 coins, with prices ranging from $1 to over $100.
There are also other sources of income based on the number of followers and views, here are 3 examples:
- Influencer marketing: having a large number of followers allows you to be noticed by companies that want to advertise to your followers, offering compensation in exchange for visibility and sales on your profile.
- Sell-in merch: this involves promoting your products or those of a company, redirecting your followers to another page on another social media where links can be inserted, and bypassing TikTok’s prohibition on inserting links in published content.
- Affiliation: it is a strategy that allows you to earn a percentage on the sale of a product through the sponsored link. For example, you can affiliate with Amazon and advertise the products you want through TikTok or other social media. Later, you will invite your followers to purchase the product through a link generated by Amazon itself. This way, the platform will track the purchase of a product by your follower and recognize you as a percentage of the sale.
This is why the simplest answer to the question “how to earn on TikTok” is to have many followers.
Want to become a social media expert? Enroll in the course and get the social media specialist certification!
How to gain followers on TikTok
But how do you earn on TikTok without followers? Simple, you can’t.
As explained in the previous paragraph, having a large number of followers is necessary to increase views, engagement, and consequently, monetization opportunities.
Here’s how to increase your follower count:
- Consistently go live: it’s important to create valuable content and stream it live. You must be consistently present on the platform. Your followers should know that you will be posting at least one video daily and should look forward to watching it.
- Use hashtags correctly: when posting content, always use hashtags that are relevant to the videos. If used correctly, your content will appear in searches, allowing you to increase your followers and pique their curiosity.
- Offer consistently original and captivating content.
- Interact with your followers: continuous interaction fuels engagement, so praise your followers, thank them for their support, respond to their messages, and ask them questions that stimulate conversation.
How is the earnings calculation on TikTok done? Keep reading to find out!
How to activate monetization on TikTok
How to earn on TikTok? There is a scoring mechanism linked to loyalty that relies on the virtual coins mentioned earlier, gems.
TikTok gems are nothing but virtual money credited to your account upon completing certain objectives. They are divided into rubies and diamonds.
One ruby is worth $0.01, and every 100 rubies result in a diamond worth $1. Now, I imagine you’re wondering how to earn rubies on TikTok. Easy!
Just complete daily objectives to receive the following ruby rewards:
- 100 rubies: read the TikTok guidelines.
- 100 rubies: share the campaign page on at least one social media platform other than TikTok.
- 200 rubies: watch videos for at least 1 minute each day.
- 200 rubies: watch videos for at least 3 minutes each day.
- 500 rubies: watch videos for at least 10 minutes each day.
- 500 rubies: post at least one video per day.
So, it’s also possible to earn by watching TikTok, in addition to daily publishing of quality content.
Now you should be more aware of how to earn on TikTok. All that’s left is to start publishing and get involved in the fun world of TikTok.
Download the free mini-guide to become successful in Social Media Marketing
The provided content outlines various strategies for making money on TikTok, pointing out the platform’s unique monetization mechanisms.
From earning through virtual currency and inviting friends to leverage views and followers for potential income, the guide covers a spectrum of opportunities.
The importance of engagement, original content, and building a substantial follower base is highlighted, showing the correlation between followers and monetization.
Additionally, the detailed explanation of TikTok gems and their connection to loyalty provides insights into the scoring mechanism for potential earnings.
Overall, the content offers a comprehensive overview for those seeking to navigate the dynamic landscape of TikTok and turn their passion into profit.
Elevate your skills and maximize your potential earnings by enrolling in our TikTok Consultant Course today.
Get in touch with us now for personalized advice on maximizing your TikTok earnings. Your success story starts here!
Hello there! I’m passionate about a variety of interests, including playing badminton, diving into video games, indulging in movies and series, and exploring new destinations while listening to my favorite tunes. I thrive on learning, constantly seeking out new knowledge and experiences. My professional journey started in a call center, but I’ve transitioned into freelancing, dedicating myself to continuous improvement and striving to be the best at what I do.