It sounds simple to talk about how to post on Instagram, things such as photos, and videos, but it is one thing to be able to post any content and quite another to be able to attract the attention of your audience.
Social networks are now our companions in life and are playing an increasingly important role, not only connecting us with our friends but giving us great social and business opportunities. Whether you are a beginner or not, in this article I will show you how to post on Instagram with effective techniques and how to use it to sell, to attract new followers, or even to capture the attention of those you already have.
Over the years, Mark Zuckerberg’s social network has become more and more popular and used around the world, which is why the functions and ways of communicating with followers are constantly evolving. If you are interested in improving your skills in how to post on Instagram and other social networks, I recommend the Social Media Specialist Course with Digital Coach Certification.
That said, in this article, you will find:
- how to schedule an Instagram post;
- tips on attracting public attention;
- use the PC version of Instagram.
How to post on Instagram?
Posting a photo in your feed is the main function of Instagram: it allows you to show it on the main page of your followers and to group it in your profile with all the others you share.
All it takes is a few simple steps. In fact, after you have registered or logged in, by clicking on the “+” icon in the top right-hand corner you can choose a previously taken photo from the gallery or you can take the photo directly from the application by clicking on the camera icon. Carousel mode can also be very useful, allowing you to upload a “catalog” of photos in a single post. To do so, you have to click on “Select multiple items” and choose the pictures you want.
Once you have chosen the photo to post on Instagram, you will find yourself in a section where you can indulge in the many filters at your disposal and the various adjustment parameters that will make your image much more appealing. Finally, in the last step, you will be able to insert your caption, tag people, deactivate comments, tag places, and choose whether to automatically publish that content also on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr.
Can you schedule a post on Instagram?
Scheduling the publication of a post is certainly a great convenience. It makes it possible to organize an editorial plan with multiple posts that will be shared with the public, automatically, at exactly the date and time decided in advance. This mode is very effective especially to lighten the workload if you manage a company page.
It is necessary to do this in the most effective way, with the right tools and choosing the most opportune moment according to the habits of your followers, avoiding planning posts for Instagram too long in advance.
Take the test and find out if you have the potential to become an expert on Instagram and other social channels
Can you post to Instagram from a computer?
If using this platform on your smartphone you feel “limited” and would prefer to know how to post on Instagram directly from your PC, you must understand that the desktop version of this social network does not allow you to do so. However, there are three “tricks” to get around this obstacle:
- third-party tools, which simulate smartphone navigation and enable us to take advantage of all functionalities;
- change the user agent of your browser, so that any site will recognize you as a smartphone;
- using Creator Studio, the tool designed by Zuckerberg for those who want to manage their Facebook and Instagram social strategy from a single platform.
How to post stories on Instagram?
One of the most popular and used modes of communication is certain stories, short videos, or photos that will be visible to your followers for only 24 hours before disappearing for good. This function is much appreciated for its immediacy, as it allows you to launch a message, recount moments from your day, launch polls, and much more in an instant.
There are two ways to share a story on Instagram: by clicking on your profile picture in the top left of the homepage or by swiping to the right. You will notice that there are several functions available, as stories are not limited to simple photos but you can create, for example, cute videos with 3D effects or a photo frame via Layout mode.
The customization possibilities are many and the screen that appears after capturing the photo or video becomes even richer:
- you can include text by simply clicking on the screen and then you can also choose the font you prefer by scrolling through the icons at the bottom, changing the color of the text, justifying it, and highlighting it;
- marker mode can be used to draw something or to highlight a portion of the photo;
- there is a choice of a dozen stickers that allow you to tag your location, insert a song, ask your followers a question, and more;
- In case you are an Influencer or plan to work as a social media manager for a company, know that the option to tag a business partner is available, which, among other things, also allows the company to view story metrics;
- additional filters and animated effects can be added to further enhance the quality of your shot.
Learn how to train yourself and understand step by step how to post on instagram
What to post on Instagram to sell and attract followers?
But how to post on Instagram while attracting an audience? The platform started out as a social platform where you could share various photos of your daily life with your friends, but over the years – although the main purpose remains that – there has been a huge expansion that has turned it into a very powerful marketing tool.
According to the Facebook report, 83% of them discover new products and services on Instagram, 46% of which go on to make a purchase. From this, we understand how this social network plays a key role in the purchasing process, and it is no coincidence that Instagram Shopping was recently introduced, which allows us to buy a product directly from the post that shows it to us.
In case you want to ride the wave and start selling on Instagram, I’ll give you some tips for taking the first steps:
- The first piece of advice I would give you is to use precisely the Shopping function that allows you to tag the product you have shared in the post, referring users to the checkout in a few taps.
- Stories are used daily by more than 500 million users and thanks to them you can boost consumer engagement with your brand. You can use them to give information to your customers, show them the products of the day, do surveys, announce sales, show the background of a product, etc., and in some cases, you can use Shoppable Stories that will make the purchase even more immediate.
- When it comes to influencers, one immediately thinks of beautiful girls with millions of followers and very high salaries, but to increase your sales you can always hire a micro-influencer, i.e. niche influencers with less than 100k followers who have managed to create a community of extremely loyal followers and who will be able to advertise your product to thousands of interested people.
However, these tips are not enough if you don’t manage your profile well. In order to get users to buy from your page or simply follow you and like your posts, you need to follow some basic steps and perhaps take a course to become an influencer on Instagram and understand all the techniques for managing this social networking site and earning money with it.
After you have understood how to post content on Instagram and outlined the right strategy, goals, and target audience, you will need to think about making your profile polished and interesting. You will first have to write a bio that is striking and gives your brand an identity, without neglecting the right username, a profile picture in line with your business, and a link to your site.
The most important thing on Instagram is content – to get people to follow you and keep following you, you need to post original and, above all, quality shots. Always remember to maintain a clear style to reinforce your brand identity in the minds of consumers, so always use the same filter or filters on the same shades so that your profile looks neat and homogenous. Also always use post descriptions to give more detail and engage users, for example through the use of storytelling.
Don’t make the mistake of underestimating stories which, as I said, have great potential, rather use them to connect with followers, to make them feel closer to the brand, to get them to tag you with your product, to repost their stories, and so on.
And in case you want to, there is the possibility to choose a few stories that you think are important and leave them visible on your profile as long as you want, just open the story and click on “Highlight”.
One of the most used ways to reach new users is the use of hashtags, as you only need to insert a few of them to make thousands of users potentially interested in what you do see in your posts. My advice is to use a few good ones, i.e. very consistent with your profile, so as to hit your target niche.
Finally, remember to always maintain a certain consistency in posting and to do so at hot times, which usually coincide with the lunch break and dinner time, in any case, you can check the specific hot times of your followers in the Insights of your profile where you will also find other interesting data for your strategy.
Conclusions and Free Coaching
We have seen how to post on Instagram effectively. However, the social world is vast and updates are the order of the day, so my tips can help you in the initial stages, but if you want to create an ad-hoc Instagram profile to become an influencer, you will need more extensive knowledge to sell your products.
This is why you have the opportunity to receive a Free one-to-one consultation with a digital marketing expert who can help you achieve your future goals.
Request more information to understand how to take the first steps into the world of social networking