Have you ever thought about TikTok marketing? Did you know that this is a great video-sharing strategy that is growing exponentially worldwide? Teenagers and others enjoy sharing videos of their favourite music tracks. TikTok is a growing phenomenon based on the simple and recognized concept of filming yourself with your smartphone camera and joining a large community. Today, it has become one of the most widely used social networks, which is why companies cannot forget to include it in their corporate marketing strategies. It is therefore important not to miss the chance to get up to speed with the new TikTok marketing course by Digital Coach.
TikTok is mainly based on two factors: music and social. That’s right, the platform is considered a social in its own right. Here, users from all over the world can comment, like, and share videos of anyone. The target audience for TikTok marketing was also key: the so-called Generation Z, young people born between 1997 and 2010. Facebook usage is increasingly declining among these users, who are looking for something new. Here is the answer. A social media where they can be themselves, where young people can express their creativity and their desire to have fun. The target audience has been decisive in the success of TikTok. Young people become protagonists and thanks to the application tools they even spend hours recording mini-videos.
Partnership, muser, and mission
Another advantage of TikTok is that it allows large enterprises to do marketing by sharing the products of influencers, the ”musers” of TikTok. The phenomenon is so growing that even football teams understand its advertising potential. Inter has always been a team attentive to partnerships and fan involvement. That’s why it decided to open its own TikTok account, to create videos and backstage.
ByteDance’s idea to unite two giants like TikTok and Musical.ly was an effective marketing strategy. In this way, Musical.ly’s 100 million users and TikTok’s 500 million users merged into one. The mission of the two apps was the same, it was just a matter of incorporating them. Thus, the revenues from advertisements were also concentrated on a single platform. Another aspect to consider is the editing strength of TikTok. Videos are not simply recorded and published but have many editing possibilities.
The themes are among the most varied:
- skills, etc.
The marketing expert on TikTok is the Social Media Manager. Take the test to see if you have the aptitude for this role
How TikTok marketing works
TikTok marketing, short videos: from a minimum of 15 seconds to a maximum of 60. Its slogan is MAKE EVERY SECOND COUNT. Upon opening the app, one is confronted with an interface similar to Instagram.
- to use it,l simply download the application on iOS or Android. Register and with the + symbol surrounded by a heart start shooting your first video.
- choose the music track from the wide choice offered by the platform (dance, rock, hip-hop, etc.)
- edit the video with text, special effects, emoticons or filters.
- the home button takes you directly to the ”For you” and ”Follow” videos; from here, just swipe your finger to see the millions of videos on TikTok.
- with the magnifying glass, you can search for the topic you are interested in. Here you can choose according to the keyword what you want to see: the users, the sounds, or the hashtag.
- the button next to the heart shows your notifications; the little man is your account.
- if you want, you can also download videos of others and save them directly to your phone. Open the chosen video, click on the right icon with the arrow to share, and select Save the video.
Another feature of TikTok is lip synchronization with the chosen music track, ”lip sync”.
- select the song, and use the scissor symbol to choose the part of the video you want to include.
- once the video has been recorded, simply press the scissors icon again. You decide when to start the song.
With Tiktok, you can also perform duets with other users. Simply open the video, select ”Share”, and then ”Duet”. Then you can start recording immediately.
Learn how to optimize your videos on TikTok by downloading the free guide on Social Media Marketing guidelines!
How to create a successful video
Given the guidelines for getting started with TikTok marketing in the best possible way, let’s take a look at how to create engaging videos:
- find the right angle. It has been proven that depending on the framing, the engagement that can be created with a given video changes
- look for the right lighting. You know: videos with light tones are more pleasant to watch, so your followers will linger more.
- use a pop-socket to keep the framing balanced at all times.
- want to lip-sync your favourite song? Repeat the song a few times before recording. Start the video by increasing the speed, there will be less chance of mistakes. To speed up, simply press the speedometer button in the top right-hand corner.
- always review the video before publishing it.
- write a catchy title by adding a #.
7 steps to grow your TikTok profile
I also recommend seven simple ‘tricks’ to exploit your TikTok marketing:
- Choose an engaging and easily memorable username. This will make it easier for users visiting your profile to remember you.
- Target a specific niche. On TikTok, as on other social networks, the rule is the same: is it better to be a small fish in a big sea or a big fish in a small pond? The target group and the audience you address are crucial for good marketing of your account.
- Publish at set times. Approximately 12 noon to 4 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. to 10 p.m. approx. The weekend is one of the best times. TikTok’s main target audience is teenagers, so they are more free to follow you at the weekend.
- Produce valuable content. To do good marketing with TikTok, it is essential to create content that is original and well-crafted. Always ask yourself this question: Would you follow your profile?
- Create videos with other users. This TikTok marketing step will allow you to enter different communities. You will also be seen by the followers of the user with whom you create the content and consequently increase your visibility.
- Use popular hashtags and participate in challenges. TikTok marketing: follow the trend of the moment! It is one of the winning moves to grow your profile.
- Interact with your followers and beyond. An obvious step, but one that is sometimes forgotten. The more active you are in the comments, the more chances you have to get noticed.
Explore the world of TikTok: download the free mini guide and discover how to make the most of this trendy platform. Create engaging content and reach new followers
TikTok marketing: from Musical.ly to Today
TikTok is also known as Douyin in China. Founded in 2016, it was incorporated a year later by Musical.ly. The latter quickly became popular among teenagers, thanks to the ability to create videos by lip-synching on current hits. Musical.ly was born in China in 2014 and after a short time immediately established itself among the most popular apps with around 12 million uploaded videos. In 2017, the potential of this app was seen and it was thus purchased by ByteDance. It was not long before Musical.ly was incorporated into TikTok in 2018. The switch from one app to another was not felt by the millions of teenagers who simply updated the app from the Playstore or Appstore.
The protests to TikTok
A social networking site used by teenagers always risks being disliked by adults. The founders of TikTok have to deal with administration, privacy laws for minors and the disclosure of appropriate content. There have been several cases of complaints not only about content with a sexual tendency but also about the type of message that is given through hashtags. For this reason, there have been limits on the use of certain words. Parents’ concerns also stemmed from the continuous use of the social network by their teenage children. TikTok thus decided to incorporate an alert after two hours of using the application.
Have you thought about becoming a TikTok marketing consultant? Or, do you want to learn how to make the most of your social media?
Check out the courses offered by Digital Coach®
Contact our experts to improve your use of social channels to promote your business.
They will follow you step by step in acquiring the necessary skills.