FREE SEO COURSEBECOME AN EXPERT IN SEARCH ENGINE INDEXING AND RANKING
Taking a free SEO course is something you need to put on your agenda if you want to get started in web marketing, and absolutely a great place to start if you are thinking of making SEO your profession.
First of all, do you know what SEO means? It is the acronym for Search Engine Optimisation, or the discipline that encompasses the specific techniques for optimising the content of your website or blog – text, links, images, videos – in order to improve its ranking in search engines.
Being on the first page of the SERP (another acronym, it stands for Search Engine Results Page) means having visibility and thus potentially, good user traffic that can easily find you, which is the purpose of digital marketing.
Optimising your web tool for SEO purposes is something you can start doing no matter how big your personal community is, even if you are a beginner.
Therefore, finding the best free SEO course online is a good start. Many will advise you to acquire an SEO Specialist certification, a necessary step if you want to go deeper into this discipline and have your skills recognised and expendable.
- But how much does a paid SEO course cost?
- How do I choose the best free SEO course online?
- Who needs an SEO certification?
- What are the professional outlets for an SEO Specialist?
If you are asking yourself these questions, here you are in the right place. You will have already guessed that this is a very broad topic, which requires in-depth preparation and access to specific SEO tools, but you will agree with me that it is better to do one thing at a time.
In this article, I offer useful information on a free online SEO course, as well as free resources that you will need right away.
Free SEO course: our resources
The free SEO course is already starting, because as you continue reading, you will be provided with invaluable free resources, essential tools for you who want to approach this discipline. Meanwhile, do you recognise yourself in one of these situations?
- You have taken your business online and would like to see your website positioned among the first results on search pages
- Are you looking for a free online SEO Course that allows you to understand what it means to do SEO and how online Google ranking works?
- Would you like to know what SEO factors (also known as ranking factors) are and how they affect the effectiveness of your website?
- Are you thinking about obtaining an SEO certification to attest your skills?
- Are you looking for an advanced SEO course for companies?
- Are you wondering what the real professional outlets are in digital?
Well, as you read on, you will find answers to these questions and more. Know that doing SEO work has become even more relevant since Google moved sponsored ads from the right-hand column of the search page to the top of the first SERP page, effectively reducing the space available for organic results, i.e. natural, non-paid results.
Since SEO is the discipline that governs positioning, without intervening with advertising campaigns, meticulous work on optimising web resources is needed to stay on the first page. I quote, and translate, a famous phrase by Dharmesh Shah well known among insiders: ‘the best place to hide a corpse is the second page of Google’. This tells you a lot about the importance of being on the first page, because the searches that users do on the web are almost exclusively reduced to the first page.
Analysis of SEO factors: which are the most relevant
Are you familiar with ranking factors or SEO factors? They are the elements that crawlers – software that scans the World Wide Web – rely on to define how good the content of a site is in line with the search (query) made by users on the Internet: the higher the rating, the better the content will be ranked and therefore easier to find.
The search engine, in fact, has every interest that users find the answers they are looking for, judging, in turn, the navigation to be fruitful and satisfying. It is not known exactly how much weight each of these has – a value that, moreover, changes over time – but it is certain that by knowing them, more effective content can be created.
SEO experts study the behaviour and variations that occur in web searches, and the most authoritative of them draw up an analysis of the factors that determine ranking.
In the video seen above, a very valuable analysis of the most relevant SEO factors among the more than 200 that exist is presented: what are they and what is the trend for each of them.
Please note that analyses such as this – available here for free – are usually obtained for a hefty fee. The video is exhaustive and useful as it gives an estimate of which ones are on the rise and which ones are losing importance.
Having a general overview like the one presented in the video, believe me, is an essential resource, which you can already consider part of the free SEO course. In summary:
- SEO factors on the rise: mobile optimisation, search intent, user experience;
- SEO factors on the decline: social signals, link building, content richness;
- Which CSMs are most suitable for web ranking purposes;
- Which free SEO tools are used in search engine optimisation.
Would you like to continue this study quickly and effectively? Then the next step is to sign up for an online lesson of the free SEO Digital Coach course!
What does the SEO Specialist do? He is a professional who has made Search Engine Optimisation his mission.
It is not out of place to use the word mission here, because it is a very demanding profession that requires constant updating, attention to detail and a certain deductive ability. Information, which is an indispensable foundation, is not readily available.
You will certainly have noticed that the online positioning of snippets in Google pages changes abruptly. Well, this is also due to the fact that the criteria that determine this change quickly and one must have great intuition to interpret the behaviour of the crawlers.
It must be said, however, that like all complex activities, including that of the SEO Specialist can lead to great satisfaction. In summary, what is the objective of the SEO Specialist?
- To obtain qualified organic traffic on the pages of the site, thanks to good search engine positioning;
- Identify and manage ranking factors and perform analysis of their trend;
- Assess the site, checking content and source code;
- Writing useful as well as technically correct content for web pages (sites or blogs);
- Building an effective SEO strategy.
So, you have seen in the video the analysis of ranking factors and then what the purpose of SEO activity is. Before delving further, here is a free online test that will measure your affinity for this discipline.
For us adults, it is important to be aware of our inclinations towards a subject before embarking on any training, be it a free online SEO course.
In web marketing you have many specialisations to choose from. With a test you can find out which one is most in your blood. Digital marketing offers good prospects of earning money, but this will not be enough to guarantee you satisfaction and success. You need to understand what you are good at in order to become number one. The secret to success lies in the determination and passion you feel towards that activity.
So, given that digital jobs are practically all on the rise, don’t let this factor condition you too much. Try to identify which digital discipline is right for you: taking free courses on broad topics could be useful, for example a free web marketing course.
Free SEO e-book
There is a branch of SEO activities that requires special attention: SEO Copywriting. It is the art of writing for two types of reader at the same time: the user, who appreciates a text that is clear, pleasant to read and exhaustive with regard to the information he or she is looking for, and the search engine, which, having no human intelligence, scans the text according to specific characteristics and proposes it to users in proportion to how much it judges that text to be contextual to the queries made by those users.
Certain ranking factors affect the text preponderantly, such as content richness, semantics and search intent. In fact, the peculiarity of SEO Copywriting is a certain familiarity with writing, which redeems all those people who have done humanities studies and who tend to feel cut off from the digital world.
In a free online Copywriter course you could already learn the basics about the change of writing from traditional to digital, what it means to construct clear and pleasing sentences while still composing a web page that Google likes.
The best free SEO course should include a focus on this interesting and often underrated topic. That is why I want to offer you the opportunity to download a very valuable e-book on SEO Copywriting for free. Our handbook will help you build an SEO strategy for creating interesting and technically correct content.
Consider this e-book a free introductory resource to the course, whether you choose a paid course or a free online SEO course. Here you have a focus on identifying your user and how to write for your buyer persona, as well as for the search engine.
In fact, writing specifically for your audience is something that you may not give proper weight to, and instead it is crucial to have a clear understanding of who the reader is.
In addition to the correct use of focus and long tail keywords, it is necessary to use the semantics and tone of voice appropriate to our specific audience.
SEO tools and strategies
The video on ranking factors, the test to assess affinity with the profession of SEO Specialist, the free trial lesson, and the e-book on SEO Copywriting are valuable resources that in most cases you have to pay for but which you can get here as part of the free SEO course.
Before I introduce the SEO tools, I will give a brief recap on the factors that most affect Search Engine Optimisation and are the basis of SEO strategy.
- Keywords – You know that it is important to give keywords the correct prominence. The concept of focus keywords seems to be simple and familiar, but in reality even choosing effective keywords is a complex process that requires preparation and experience. If I say ‘focus keyword’ you think of a single word, right? Instead, you need to know that the statistical concept of the long tail keyword – i.e. a group of words or a phrase – can be more profitable for SEO purposes than the single keyword, because while intercepting more defined queries – hence with a lower search volume – long tail keywords more closely match the search intent. This benefits the conversion rate and efficiency of your website. Free tools like ‘Google Suggest’ or ‘SEOHero’ can help you detect long tail keywords, but it is certainly not something you can improvise.
- Local SEO – There are many factors to take into account. For instance, think of different users carrying out informational or transactional searches online on the same search key: results will be different, conditioned by web surfing habits, and you will also have to consider how local SEO acts, i.e. the geolocalisation of results because this is also a relevant online ranking factor.
- Site speed – in practice, the speed at which a site loads – is another factor whose relevance is growing for Google, and which goes hand in hand with the increase in users’ browsing time from mobile: this device requires sites to be light and fast loading. Furthermore, knowing how the search engine crawls content is also crucial when writing the title, head and body, or keyword distribution.
- Lexical richness of content, understood as SEO semantics. I can go on, talking about ‘keyword recurrence’, lexical density or keyword stuffing, a penalty that SEO gurus fear greatly: it teaches us how content should be optimised and aimed at giving contextual and useful answers for the user.
But what are SEO tools? I suggest:
- Free tools: SEOHero, Google Suggest, Ubersuggest, Merlinox, Answerthepublic, Google Trends. These I have enumerated serve to identify keywords to target;
- Free services: Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tool), serves to get detailed information on searches, rankings and critical issues;
- CMS platforms: WordPress (primarily), for writing and optimising content and pages of the site or blog;
- Monitoring software: Search Metrics, Moz, SEMrush, Rank Tracker, Majestic SEO, Screaming Frog and Google Analytics, which serves to measure results from which to draw input to do better.
Understanding the processes for creating text and images, studying the competition and monitoring your site to improve usability, keeping in mind the algorithms that increasingly favour security and the online user experience, are topics you can already approach with these tools, but by taking an online SEO course with Digital Coach you can do much more.
On the contrary, if you settle for a free online SEO course, you will not be able to make a good SEO strategy right away, although you can avoid, at least initially, using professionals or agencies, whose consultancy would cost you a considerable amount of money.
The best online SEO course: duration and attendance
What are the best free online SEO courses? The ones that give you free SEO tools, an initial key to them, and maybe even a free lesson like you could do here!
Free SEO courses are some of the best courses for the unemployed, or for those who more generally prefer to have a smattering on the subject before purchasing a paid course.
However, I still recommend that you delve into the many topics. For instance, the indexation of a site is not only dependent on keywords, and Google bot crawling is increasingly important.
The free SEO course may not be enough for you to understand how search engines work. Ranking factors are many, and often interrelated.
Doing SEO is a discipline that requires considerable skill, insight and preparation, so probably a free SEO course, due to its brevity may not be sufficient to learn, for instance, how to handle a sitemap or the Google algorithms and their updates.
OIn addition to this free introductory solution, you can tackle the training programme in a comprehensive and versatile manner, and the relationship between SEO and SEM, i.e. between organic positioning and pay-per-click activity, by choosing between:
Short courses (SEO Base or SEO Advanced) solutions designed for those who want to understand the fundamental concepts of SEO in a short time or wish to upgrade, to have updates. These are very practical and flexible formulas, especially in the asynchronous mode, which can be activated immediately after purchase.
- SEO-SEM Specialist, designed for those who want to deal with all-round online positioning strategies, considering organic or paid traffic. Unlike the previous ones, it has a duration of 150 hours of lessons leading to specialisation.
- SEO Specialist Certification;
- SEO Manager Certification .
Free SEO course or certified SEO course?
To make SEO a real profession, you will need a certification to put on your CV.
Of course, certified SEO courses are more challenging than short courses, but I assure you they are worth it. Consider them an investment you make for your professional growth. They are a great stepping stone for both job changers and the unemployed.
The free SEO course will not be sufficient to understand all the effective SEO techniques to put into practice, e.g. the rules of keyword density, proximity and prominence because a free course is unlikely to include a sufficiently large amount of hours. On the contrary, with the certified online SEO course you will understand what Search Engine Marketing means, what a semantic domain is, building an effective snippet, the HTTPS security protocol, writing title and description correctly, managing images from an SEO perspective, how to do link building or a sitemap, what Google algorithm updates entail for the page experience.
Difficult to choose between the best certified SEO courses? I recommend the SEO Specialist course and the SEO Manager course. The fundamental difference between Specialist and Manager is that the former tends to work for several clients while providing comprehensive consultancy, while the manager coordinates a team in a corporate context.
SEO Specialist certification
corso SEO Specialist course With the SEO Specialist course, you will acquire suitable skills in order to
- operate on source code
- learn HTML and CSS and the basics of programming with open source languages;
- learn how to use the main CMS platforms;
- produce and analyse statistics and reports.
You will learn how to make synergy between search engine marketing and social networks: inbound marketing, i.e. all those activities to put into practice if we want to attract new customers, and combine the power of SEO strategy with social media marketing.
Well, the SEO Specialist course will give you these strategic skills, as well as SEO writing techniques, keyword analysis and link building.
SEO Manager Certification
By attending the certified SEO manager course, in addition to the lessons, after the course you will be able to work on three work experiences that will consolidate the skills acquired during the course, tested with the final exam. Truly complete and effective for this new digital profession, the SEO Manager course can be the ideal solution for those who wish to change jobs or are looking for courses for the unemployed.
Consider that SEO recruiters place much more importance on certification than on generic attendance certificates. The certified SEO Manager, in addition to the areas common to the SEO Specialist course, is trained to manage a team, usually quite complex as it is made up of experienced professionals in different areas of digital marketing, and to maximise the effectiveness of the digital marketing strategy identified by the company for which he or she works.
SEO offer jobs
SEO is a cross-discipline discipline and therefore favours employment for more types of professionals. Moreover, having a certification of your SEO skills is an investment – in yourself – that many companies will recognise. You can therefore present yourself as:
- Inbound Marketing Manager
- SEO Specialist
- SEO Manager
- SEO SEM Specialist
- Web Content Editor
- E-Commerce Specialist
- Digital Coach
Digital marketing is a job that knows no crisis and has seen constant growth. As Search Engine Optimisation is a necessary activity for a good web marketing strategy, taking this free course and then continuing with a complete training programme will make it easier for you in the future, when other new digital professions are likely to emerge.
Are you wondering how much an SEO professional earns? Well, it depends on many factors, first of all you have to distinguish between a freelance SEO specialist or a company employee, then it depends on their experience, skills and determination. In any case, it is a profession that is in high demand and generally also well paid.
Taking a course and obtaining an SEO certification will be crucial to embarking on this career, especially because of the best practices one learns in professional training courses and the opportunity to come into contact with competent professionals. To get started here is a free webinar on how to become an online consultant!
In this article you received information and resources for free, and also a free SEO course trial lesson. This is because I strongly believe that the spread of digital culture can benefit everyone, that digital transformation should involve as many people as possible. But also that one must be properly trained. Choosing a free SEO course should only be the beginning of a long journey or a test to assess your inclination towards this discipline.
Becoming a SEO professional opens the way to many digital jobs and even a career as a digital freelancer.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION